RZ/G Series 32/64-bit MPU
This page is for the Renesas RZ/G family of embedded SoCs. The main goal is to make the information about RZ/G SoCs friendly, easy to access for embedded developers.
🌐 RZ/G Series Website
- • Software and Document Downloads
- • Recommended Winning Combinations
- • Available Evaluation Kits
- • Links to the individual devices product pages: (largest to smallest)
RZ/G2H , RZ/G2M , RZ/G2N , RZ/G2E , RZ/G2L , RZ/G2LC , RZ/G2UL
🧭 Introductory Guide to the all RZ MPU Families
- • Get familiar with Renesas RZ MPU Devices
🗺️ Navigating the Renesas Website
- See the list of sections at the top of the page
- Make sure you click on each tab in each section. The content is hidden on the page until you click the tab.
- Some files/downloads are only in tabs. For example, IBIS Models downloads are only in "Models", not "Software and Tools"
Here is the list of available RZ/G Series Renesas Evaluation Boards and Commercial SOM Boards and Partner Solutions.
The board pages below contain instructions for downloading and building the BSP and other useful information.
RZ/G2 Series Evaluation Boards
- Please visit the Renesas website for a complete list of evaluation boards. 📌 Renesas Evaluation Boards Website
| ◼ RZ/G2L,/G2LC,/G2UL SMARC
| ◼ RZ/G2E EK874
by Silicon Linux
| ◼ RZ/G2N,/G2M,/G2H HiHope |
RZ/G2 Commercial Boards
- Please visit the Renesas website for a list SOM boards provided by Renesas partner companies. 📌 Renesas RZ Partner Ecosystem Solutions Website.
- RZ/G2E i.Core EDIMM SOM by Engicam : Helpful Hints Page...
RZ/G1 Series Evaluation Boards
- RZ/G1 Evaluation boards are available from partner company iWave Systems Technologies
- Please refer to the "Boards & Kits" section on this page
Software and Documentation
- Official Renesas Online Documentation
- RZ/G2 Linux BSP support page
- Easy Download Guide
- The Easy Download Guide is a single document that contains direct links to all material released to an RZ MPU, from software to design guides.
- RZ/G2L, RZ/G2LC Easy Download Guide (PDF)
- RZ/G2UL Easy Download Guide (PDF)
- RZ/G2H, M, N, E Easy Download Guide (PDF)
Third Party Vendors
- Altia GUI Development environment is supported for RZ/G2L
- Visita https://altia.com/rzg2l for more information
- Demonstration videos can be found here: RZ/G2 Demo Videos
|📦 RZ/G2 Linux BSP
BSP Download links and extra information
Common issues, suggestions, examples
|🎛️ Hardware |
DDR, Clocks, Timers, etc..
Setup info, capture examples
GPU drivers, video encode/decode, GUI Frameworks
Helpful hints about using Weston
Kernel config, Dynamic Power, GPIO, drivers
|🔑 ARM Trusted Firmware
Helpful info, GPIO control
|🌳 Device Tree and Device Drivers
How to enable drivers, Device Tree examples
|🚧 RZ/G2 Linux BSP Porting
Hints on porting to a new board
|♻️ BSP Kernel Update
Instructions to update your kernel
JTAG, OpenOCD, Eclipse
|🧠 AI and ML
Open Source AI frameworks
Hints and examples
|🎥 Demo Videos
A collection of video links
| 📡 Communications
RS-485, SPI, Ethernet, LBSC, etc...