RZ/G Series 32/64-bit MPU
This page is for the Renesas RZ/G family of embedded SoCs. The main goal is to make the information about RZ/G SoCs friendly, easy to access for embedded developers.
The links below can be used to get familiar with Renesas RZ/G SoC
Detailed information regarding RZ/G SoCs (including roadmap, technical and marketing documents, BSPs and middleware) can be obtained directly from a Renesas representative.
Here is the list of available RZ/G Series Renesas Evaluation Boards and Commercial SOM Boards and Partner Solutions.
The board pages below contain instructions for downloading and building the BSP and other useful information.
RZ/G2 Series Evaluation Boards
- Please visit the Renesas website for a complete list of evaluation boards. 📌 Renesas Evaluation Boards Website
| ◼ RZ/G2L SMARC
| ◼ RZ/G2E EK874
by Silicon Linux
| ◼ RZ/G2N,/G2M,/G2H HiHope |
RZ/G2 Commercial Boards
- Please visit the Renesas website for a list SOM boards provided by Renesas partner companies. 📌 Renesas RZ Partner Ecosystem Solutions Website.
- RZ/G2E i.Core EDIMM SOM by Engicam : Helpful Hints Page...
RZ/G1 Series Evaluation Boards
- RZ/G1 Evaluation boards are available from partner company iWave Systems Technologies
- Please refer to the "Boards & Kits" section on this page
Software and Documentation
- Official Renesas Online Documentation
- RZ/G2 Linux BSP support page
- Easy Download Guide
- The Easy Download Guide is a single document that contains direct links to all material released to an RZ MPU, from software to design guides.
- RZ/G2L, RZ/G2LC Easy Download Guide (PDF)
- RZ/G2UL Easy Download Guide (PDF)
- RZ/G2H, M, N, E Easy Download Guide (PDF)
Third Party Vendors
- Altia GUI Development environment is supported for RZ/G2L
- Visita https://altia.com/rzg2l for more information
- Demonstration videos can be found here: RZ/G2 Demo Videos
|📦 RZ/G2 Linux BSP||📇 Yocto
(Common issues, suggestions, examples)
|🎛️ Hardware Peripherals |
(DDR, Clocks, Timers, etc..)
|📷 Camera||🎨 Graphics
(GPU drivers, video encode/decode, GUI Frameworks)
(Helpful hints about running Weston with RZ/G)
(Dynamic Power, drivers, peripherals, etc..)
|🔑 ARM Trusted Firmware||🥾 u-boot|
|🌳 Device Tree and Device Drivers||🚧 RZ/G2 Linux BSP Porting
(Hints on porting to a new board)
|♻️ BSP Kernel Update
(Instructions to update your kernel)
|🐛 Debugging||🧠 AI and ML||GStreamer|
|🎥 Demo Videos||'|