- Required Software
- GCC ARM A-Profile (AArch64 bare-metal) 10.3 2021.07
- Segger J-Link
RZ/V2UL has two parts that support different external memory configurations.
- QSPI and DDR
- Octo Flash, Octo RAM, and DDR
The RZA3UL Software packages provide the BSP, Driver Firmware, middleware ( USB, Ethernet, GUI, etc) and RTOS. RZA3UL supports the Amazon FreeRTOS and Microsoft Azure. Both software packages are included in the FSP 2.0 and later.
Software Package Features
|Package||Package Type||RTOS||GUI||File System||USB||Network|
|FreeRTOS||FSP, github||Amazon FreeRTOS||Tes Guiliani *1||FreeRTOS + FAT||Renesas USB *2||FreeRTOS Plus TCP|
|Microsoft Azure||FSP, github||Threadx||GUIX||FileX||USBX||NetX Duo|
1* Tes Guiliani is not included in the standard Renesas FSP. The Software can be found on Tes Guiliani Site
2* Renesas USB Supports HID host, MSC host, PCDC
Beside the demos offered in the FSP, Renesas offers the following demos
Microsoft Asure RTOS
Please contact your FAE or Sales Representative for these demos.
|filex_demo_sdmmx_rza3_fsp_1.0||This sample project outputs the status to the console while verifying SD card read/write.|
|guix_demo_usbx_hhid_mouse_rza3_fsp_1.0||This sample project displays the GUI on the HDMI monitor and can be operated with the USB mouse.|
|netx_demo_http_server_rza3_fsp_1.0||This sample project works as an HTTP server and responds to HTTP requests from browser|
|usbx_demo_hcdc_rza3_fsp_1.0||This sample project sends an AT command and displays the response in the log when connect a device that acts as a PCDC|
|usb_demo_hhid_rza3_fsp_1.0||This sample project detect the USB mouse and output the mouse position information.|
|usb_demo_hmsc_rza3_fsp_1.0||This sample project create and read/write files to the connected USB memory.|
|usb_demo_huvc_netx_http_server_rza3_fsp_1.0||Demonstration of the USB Camera Network Streaming Device|
RZ/A3UL EVK Example Projects
The RZA3UL Example Projects shows examples of each of the RZ/A3UL Peripherals ( DMAC, USB, CAN, I2S, I2C, ...).
Linux and Windows IDE Installation
Linux FSP Installation
NOTE: The FSP installation section in the Getting Started Document is for Window Host machines. Use the following steps for Linux machines.
- Download the zip archive file from the above link
- Find the installation directory for the FSP.
- Open e2studio IDE.
- Select Help and about e2studio in the drop down menu
- In the Dialog press the "Installation Details" Button.
- In the next dialog there are several tabs at the top of the dialog. Select the "Supported Folders" tab.
- Click the link "e2 studio support area"
- This will open the linux Nautilus file manager.
- Extract the archive file to the e2studio support area folder. This is the directory you found in the prefiious step For example the folder may look be this
- e2studio Linux
Renesas Flexible Software Package ( FSP )
RZ/A3UL is supported by the Renesas Flexible Software Package. Supported links.
- RZ/A3UL Flexible Software Package Website (Link)
- RZ/A3UL e2studio IDE and FSP Installation Document on Windows OS (Link)
- Must Select "Renesas FSP Smart Configurator Core" in the Customize Feature installation dialog .
- In the Addition Software installation dialog, under the Renesas FSP Tab, do not install the Renesas FSP. These FSP versions are for RZ Only.
- RZ/A3UL Flexible Software Package Release
- This is the Renesas Repository for the RZ/A3UL FSP
- RZ/A3UL Flexible Software Package (Archive)
- Use this for Linux Installation (see below).
- Renesas e2studio Version 2022-07 or later
- GCC ARM A-Profile (AArch64 bare-metal) 10.3.2021.07
FSP Installation for Linux
1) Download the RZ/A3UL FSP Archive (see above)
2) Extract the FSP to the e2studio installation directory. (i.e. /home/<user>/.local/share/renesas/e2studio)
3) The Extracted file should look like this
renesas └── e2_studio ├── eclipse ├── fsp_documentation ├── internal │ ├── devassist │ └── projectgen │ ├── ra │ │ └── packs │ └── rz_fsp │ ├── rza
Initial Program Loader ( IPL )
IPL is a boot program sample code for RZ/A Series. When the RZ/A MPU is started, the IPL initializes peripheral I/O modules, Flash memory, DDR SDRAM etc., and starts the application software developed in Renesas FSP environment with the execution state of AARch64, Exception Level EL3. IPL consists of functions such as PLL and clock control driver, peripheral I/O module driver, and Serial Flash Memory driver, etc.
- Segger J-LINK version 11.0 or later
- NOTE: The e2studio that support RZ/A3UL don’t work with older J-Link series ICE. (For J-Link Base, please use V11.0 or later.)
sudo apt-get install libncursesw5 libpython2.7
- Open the Debug Configurations for the project
- The project debug configuration is under Renesas GDB Hardware
- Select the Debugger Tab for this configuration
- In the GDB Settings set the GDB Command to aarch64-none-elf-gdb
HMI and Camera Support
Supported HMI Resolutions
- RZA3UL + DDR
- Maximum Resolution 1280 x 720
- RZA3UL OctoRAM (no DDR)
- Maximum Resolution VGA
The RZA3UL Tes Guiliani GUI Framework uses Free RTOS and GNU GCC compiler. The RZA3UL GUI project uses the FSP for peripheral configuration However the RZA3UL FSP does not include the TES Guiliani Framework. To start development with GUI Framework please start with the demo posted in the link below.